Subject: Re: Newsgroup - Better hierarchy
From: [email-masked] (Mark Thomas)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 94 07:17:58 EDT

{  Chris Hurtt   |     - Independant Avante-Guarde Animator/Filmmaker - }
writes:

> 	My suggestion is for Lightwave discussion to move to a newsgroup called
> comp.sys-soft.lightwave. Why? There's already a precident set with
> comp.sys-soft.wavefront, for the Wavefront suite of 3D tools (which doesn't
> get 1/4 the traffic this list does!). Toaster/Flyer discussion can take place
> either in a mailing list, regular Amiga newsgroups, or perhaps a newsgroup like
> comp.sys.amiga.video.

Before everyone jumps into a full RFD, are you sure there are enough people
interested in turning the list into a newsgroup? I'm very new to the list,
and it does have a fair amount of traffic, but are there enough votes to
pass it. You might want to run a straw poll to see how many votes you can
count on. Maybe the list administrator can tell us how many people actually
read the list.

Mark Thomas -- CapDisc, A division of Capitol Multimedia Inc. -- [email-masked]
                       Less organized, more violent.